Student Support Services
The following student support services may be provided by the School District:
- Health services supervised by a qualified nurse. The Superintendent or designee may implement procedures to further a healthy school environment and prevent or reduce the spread of disease.
- Educational and psychological testing services and the services of a psychologist as needed. In all cases, written permission to administer a psychological examination must be obtained from a student’s parent(s)/guardian(s). The results will be given to the parent(s)/guardian(s), with interpretation, as well as to the appropriate professional staff.
- The services of a social worker. A student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) must consent to regular or continuing services from a social worker.
- Guidance and counseling services.
- A point of contact to facilitate the enrollment and transfer of records of students in the legal custody of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services when enrolling in or changing schools.
The Superintendent or designee shall develop protocols for responding to students with social, emotional, or mental health problems that impact learning ability. The District, however, assumes no liability for preventing, identifying, or treating such problems.
This policy shall be implemented in a manner consistent with State and federal laws, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
, 42 U.S.C. §12101 et seq.
Adopted: March 20, 2017