Duties of the Secretary of the Board
The duties of the Secretary of the Board are defined as follows:
- Attend all regular, committee of the whole, and special meetings of
the Board, call the roll, take the minutes of all proceedings thereof.
- Take minutes and within a reasonable time after the close of the
meeting duplicate and deliver minutes to the members of the Board.
- Maintain an orderly file of all Board minutes in the Board Office.
- Notify all Board members of special meetings, as well as the area news media.
- Maintain in the Board Office a record of and the legal title documents of all real property owned by the School District.
- Perform responsibilities related to regular/special elections as defined by law.
- Sign all necessary papers requiring Secretary’s signature.
- Perform all other duties as required from time to time by law or by the Board.
If the Secretary of the Board is absent or unable to perform the
duties of the office, the President shall appoint a Secretary Pro Tem
who may be a member of the Board and perform the duties of the
Adopted: October 20, 1997
Revised: March 20, 2006