Board of Education Policy
The following principles shall govern the administrative operation of the school system:
- Responsibility shall flow simply and clearly from the Board of
Education through the Superintendent to principals, teachers, and
students. Nothing provided herein is intended to interrupt the free and
open flow of ideas and assistance among personnel at every level.
- The Superintendent is accountable for all activities and personnel
in the District. In like manner, the building principal is accountable
for all activities and personnel within the building.
- Each member of the staff shall be told to whom they are responsible for what functions.
- Whenever possible, each member of the staff shall be made responsible to only one immediate superior for any one function.
- Staff officers shall always work through the principal in carrying out defined functions within a school.
Adopted: July 21, 1997