General Objectives of the Instructional Program
The following educational and operational objectives are intended to
serve as the basic criteria for implementing the philosophy of
education through the deliberations and actions of the School District
39 Board of Education:
- To provide children in the District with a high quality education by:
- Nurturing in them a love of learning that will lay a foundation for
further formal education as well as lifetime of learning and growth.
- Providing a progressive, comprehensive curriculum in both academic
and life-enriching subjects that will instill in them a mastery of
basic knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Utilizing a variety of teaching, curricular and administrative
techniques and educational materials to best facilitate the
teaching/learning process for each child.
- Instructing them in a variety of learning techniques and skills, and
encouraging each child to utilize those which best facilitate the
- Encouraging them to apply their critical thinking and other skills toward constructive living.
- Developing in them desirable qualities of citizenship, respect and
responsibility to their families, school, community, state, nation and
- Encouraging each child to develop a positive self-image by helping
each child to identify and develop his own individual potential to its
- Fostering a teaching/learning environment which allows each child
to participate in the educational process both as an individual and as a
member of a group.
- To provide specialized and supportive services to every eligible child.
- To create a positive environment to facilitate the educational process by providing children in the District with:
- A well-trained and motivated staff by employing, developing,
supporting and retaining highly qualified teachers, administrators and
- The appropriate facilities for learning, including buildings,
equipment, instructional materials and advanced technological and other
supplementary curriculum resources.
- To accomplish these goals within a framework of responsible fiscal
management utilizing the resources available to the District.
Adopted: November 10, 1997