Personalized Mentoring Tier 1
Personalized Mentoring is available in two tiers designed to provide for the unique needs of beginning (0-3 years of teaching experience) and experienced teachers (4+ years of teaching experience).
This two-year program includes self-assessments of teaching skills, targeted classroom observations with feedback, review and analysis of student work, a reflective journal, and continuous, ongoing support from a mentor teacher. Successful completion of this two-year program makes teachers eligible to move from their initial certificate to a standard teaching certificate upon completion of four years of teaching service.
- Complete and turn in Mentor Assignment Request form.
- Prepare to commit 60 hours (30 each year) to working with your mentor.
- Participate in a minimum of three professional development opportunities over the two-year period (Academy 39 Essentials can count for this requirement).
- Complete three classroom observations with mentor over two-year period.
- Maintain a reflective journal with mentor feedback over two-year period.
- Communicate weekly with mentor and maintain a contact log.
Working with your mentor, complete the ICTD self-assessment and collaborative assessment log.